MONDAY, JANUARY 7th
- Breathing/Sizzle Exercises (use metronome)- 1 minute.
- Assemble Instrument/quality sound on entire instrument (use metronome)- 1-2 minutes.
- WARM-UP: Band Warm-up Version 2.0 - 2-4 minutes.
- REVIEW: Sound Innovations book, pg.10 & 11 (use metronome)- 5-7 minutes.
- FOCUS: Sound Innovations book, pg. 12 (use metronome)- 5-7 minutes. Pay attention: can you recognize and play the low Concert A? What does division and unison mean? What is a key signature? Use your flash cards if you are struggling reading the notes!
- RANK ADVANCEMENT: Where are you at for rank advancement? Find your chart and make sure to practice whatever song you need to move forward in rank. 2-4 minutes.
- WRITTEN ACTIVITIES: No written activities as of 1-7-2019.
- QUIZ: all students will play for a grade a song off page 11. This quiz will be over #35, #38 or #39. Please prepare all 3 songs as you won't know which tune I will choose for the quiz before hand! This quiz will take place on Monday, January 14th.
- Clean instrument/put instrument safely away in case- 1 minute
TOTAL PRACTICE TIME = 17-25 minutes.